Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
My Good Deed, a/k/a 9/11 Day ( “9/11 Day”) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that founded, and today annually supports the federally-recognized September 11 National Day of Service and Remembrance, also known as 9.11 Day, on behalf of the 9/11 community.
Our mission is to transform September 11 from a day of tragedy into a day of service, unity, and peace. To that end, we endeavor to teach the public about 9/11 through various methods including volunteer opportunities and by providing educational resources.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
We may revise the information on the Services or otherwise change or update the Services, including these Terms. If we make changes to these Terms, we will post notice of the modifications to the Terms on this page, at which time the changes will become effective. We may also make improvements or changes to the Services, add new features, or terminate the Services at any time without notice. Continued use of the Services will signify your consent to the updated Terms; if you do not agree to the Terms as modified you must discontinue use of the Services.
Please see Sections 13-15 below regarding your legal rights in any dispute involving our Services.
9/11 Day may in its sole discretion restrict, suspend, or terminate access to all or any part of the Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. We may remove any User Account (defined below) and restrict, suspend, or terminate a User Account and access to any part of the Services if we determine, in our sole discretion that a user breached these Terms.
The following sections survive such termination: 6 (Our Online Community and Your User Content); 7 (Privacy); 8 (Reporting Copyright Infringement); 9 (Intellectual Property Rights); 12 (Social Media); 13 (Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability); 14 (Indemnification); 15 (Jurisdictional Issues; Governing Law; Arbitration and Class Action Waiver); 17 (Entire Agreement; Severability); and 18 (Miscellaneous).
We may require visitors to create an account in order to access certain portions of the Services (a “User Account”). In creating a User Account, you must provide complete and accurate information about yourself. You may not impersonate someone else, provide an invalid email address or an email address other than your own, or create multiple User Accounts and profiles. You may not sell, transfer, license, or assign your credentials, User Account, or any account rights. With the exception of individuals or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of others, we prohibit the creation of and you agree that you will not create a User Account for anyone other than yourself. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. We do not endorse any User Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein unless we expressly say so. Please exercise common sense and your best judgment when interacting with others through the Services, including when you submit or post User Content or any personal or other information.
You may request that your User Account and any information that we may store related to it be removed at any time, for any reason, by emailing us as directed in the Contact section below. However, deleting your User Account does not affect our license to such User Content under these Terms.
You are responsible for any User Content that you post or share with us through the Services. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur in connection with your User Account and/or User Content. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your User Account or User Content, by emailing us as directed in the Contact section below. WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS.
User Conduct and Restrictions
Unless otherwise expressly authorized in these Terms or by the Services, you may not take any action to interfere with the Services or any other user’s use of the Services. While using the Services, you must comply with all applicable laws, and respect the rights and dignity of others. You may not do any of the following in connection with the Services:
- Post, upload, share, transmit, distribute, facilitate distribution or otherwise make available any unlawful, infringing, harassing, defamatory, intimidating, fraudulent, tortious, vulgar or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, or the collecting of personal information from other users of the Services;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation any representative of 9/11 Day; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or express or imply that we endorse any statement that you make;
- Disseminate any viruses, worms, spyware, adware, or other malicious computer code, file or program that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment, or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Services or others’ use of the Services in any way;
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Services, or reproduce, duplicate, sublicense, copy, sell, resell, distribute, assign, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes any portion of the Services, or merge the Services or Materials with another program or create derivative works based on the Services or Materials;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Services or Materials originating from the Services, or violate any applicable laws.
We may investigate any alleged or suspected violations, and contact and coordinate with law enforcement agencies if a violation of law is suspected.
You acknowledge that, should you decide to make donations through our Services, you will be using services provided by a third-party (such as Stripe, Inc.), and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions in making donations to us, as applicable.
Our Online Community and Your User Content
Exercise caution, good sense, and sound judgment in using the Services. You are responsible for any material and information that you provide to us through the Services, including presentation materials and recordings from our events, articles and publications, social media content, forum comments and other materials that you post, submit, publish, display, or transmit (“User Content”). You agree, represent, and warrant that any User Content you provide to us is truthful, accurate, not misleading, and offered in good faith, and that you have the right to transmit such User Content. 9/11 Day does not want you to, and you should not, send any confidential or proprietary User Content to us through the Services unless specifically requested. We do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to your User Content.
9/11 Day and its partners, licensees and funders may display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with your User Content on the Website and other media. You are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode, and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.
Although it is our intention for the Services to be available as much as possible, there may be occasions when the Services may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and / or equipment. We may remove any content from the Services for any reason, without prior notice. User Content removed from the Services may continue to be stored by us, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order or similar legal process.
Reporting Copyright Infringement and Other Violations with Respect to the Services
9/11 Day respects the intellectual property rights of others. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is 9/11 Day’s policy to terminate your: (i) access to the Services; and (ii) User Account, if applicable, if you repeatedly infringe the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to 9/11 Day by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, if you believe that any of the Materials infringes on your copyright, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Services;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
9/11 Day’s copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
Attn: Website admin
Subject: Notification of Claimed Infringement
By mail to: MyGoodDeed d.b.a. 9/11 Day, 5151 California Avenue, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92617
Or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intellectual Property Ownership
9/11 Day (with its licensors) own all Materials available through the Services, including visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, scripts, photo, sounds, music, videos, design, compilation, computer code, products, software, text, aggregate user review ratings, and all other elements and components of the Services, excluding User Content. 9/11 Day (with its licensors) own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world associated with the Services, which are protected by applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. You may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the Materials in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us or the applicable licensor. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights.
Limited Use Rights
Subject to your acceptance of, and compliance with, these Terms, you are hereby granted limited rights to use the Services as described herein. This license to access and use our Services and Materials is limited to: educational and informational materials (such as lesson plans); media assets (such as logos, banners, videos, and photography we post on the site for your non-commercial use); tool kits for employers and nonprofit groups, and other Materials available through the Service that are clearly and unambiguously designed for you to access, copy, and download. When using these Materials, you must: (i) keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices; (ii) use them pursuant to any licenses associated with them (iii) not copy or post them on any networked computer or broadcast them in any media, except: (a) to reference them through social media or by email (although we may revoke such permission at any time); or (b) in accordance with the following paragraph discussing 9/11 Day branded elements; (iv) make no modifications to them; and (v) not make any additional representations or warranties relating to them. You may not circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Services or other features that restrict use or copying of any Materials.
Certain logos that appear on the Services are the sole property of 9/11 Day (the “9/11 Day Logos”), by way of example: (i) the numerical “9/11 with the unique yellow circle;” (ii) “Born on 9/11;” (iii) “Share your good deed;” (iv) “Do one good deed.” The 9/11 Day Logos are protected by trademark or other applicable laws. You are permitted, under a limited license granted by 9/11 Day, to copy and download these logos for the sole and express use of supporting and promoting, in a non-commercial way, our Services or 9/11 Day Observance, including encouraging others to participate. By using the 9/11 Day Logos in any way, you agree to abide to certain terms and conditions of use (unless we expressly authorize otherwise in writing), specifically that:
- you will not modify the 9/11 Day Logos in any way except in terms of sizing as reasonably necessary, for example, you cannot change colors or typeface, nor can you add any new information, text, or images to these logos;
- you will not place any other logos too close to the 9/11 Day Logos, such that it might be interpreted that the 9/11 Day Logos are associated with any other organization or program; and
- you will not use the 9/11 Day Logos in any way to sell anything. In other words, you may not use our branded elements for any commercial gain or in concert with products or service offers without the express written permission of 9/11 Day.
Questions regarding the use or modifications of the 9/11 Day Logos or other 9/11 Day branded elements should be directed to us per the Contact section below. 9/11 Day reserves the right to terminate rights to use its branded elements at any time and without notice. You may only use them under the terms outlined in these Terms. The logos of our partners and sponsors, which may also be displayed on our Services, are not our property. You may not copy, duplicate, or use any of these logos without the express written permission of these organizations, or as otherwise permitted by law.
Except as provided above, you may not use our name nor any misspelling or typographical variation of the 9/11 Day Logos, or other 9/11 Day branded elements, whether alone or in conjunction with any other word or phrase, trademarks, or service marks in any manner (including use in any metatags or any other “hidden text”) without our prior written consent. Any violation of the foregoing will terminate the permission and license granted by us to access and make use of the Services.
Links to Non-9/11 Day Sites
We may provide on the Services, solely as a convenience to users, links to websites operated by other entities. If you visit any linked website, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements. We do not make any warranty or representation regarding, or endorse or otherwise sponsor, any linked website or the information appearing thereon or any of the products or services described thereon. Links do not imply that 9/11 Day is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo, or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links; or that any linked website is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo, or copyright symbol of 9/11 Day. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIRD PARTY WEBSITE AND RESOURCES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH SUCH WEBSITES AND RESOURCES, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH SITES AND RESOURCES.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES, OR ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO OR FROM THE SERVICES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” FOR YOUR USE. ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE AND THE OTHER ENTITIES FROM WHOM WE OBTAIN CONTENT DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK. Because some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion of certain warranties, some of these exclusions may not apply to you.
9/11 Day AND ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASEES”) WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, THEIR MATERIALS OR LINKS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RELATED TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DEFECTS, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, OR ANY COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE FAILURE. RELEASEES WILL ALSO NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. RELEASEES SHALL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ACTS, OMISSIONS OR CONDUCT OF ANY USER OR OTHER THIRD PARTY.
BY ACCESSING THE SERVICES, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
WE DO NOT ENDORSE, APPROVE, OR VERIFY ANY POSTED USER CONTENT ON THE SERVICES AND WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE WHATSOEVER IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY USER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SERVICES, INCLUDING CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT RELATING TO USER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SERVICES, FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, OR FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES WHETHER ON THE SERVICES OR RELATING TO THE SERVICES.
The provisions in these Terms are intended to be only as broad and inclusive as is permitted by applicable law. We reserve all rights, defenses, and permissible limitations under applicable law. For New Jersey Residents: Notwithstanding any term herein, these Terms do not limit your rights or our obligations under any applicable statute or law, including types and amounts of recovery; nor do they excuse us from any duty to avoid causing harm by means of gross negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct; nor do they disclaim our duty of care to our invitees; nor do they require you to defend and indemnify us in the event that any loss is caused by our negligence.
You agree that you will be responsible for any damages resulting from your violation of these Terms. You further agree to indemnify and hold 9/11 Day, and its owners, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees, contributors, and partners harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of: (i) your breach of these Terms; (ii) your activities in connection with the Services, including any violation of any law or the rights of any third party that occurs in connection with your of the Services; or (iii) User Content or other information that you provided to 9/11 Day through the services.
Jurisdictional Issues; Governing Law; Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
You agree that the laws of the State of California and the United States of America will govern any dispute in connection with the Services, including with these Terms. Excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief, for claims related to the Services or any dispute or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms, including without limitation, any and all disputes, claims (whether in tort, contract, statutory or otherwise) or disagreements concerning the existence, breach, interpretation, application or termination of these Terms, shall be resolved by final and binding arbitration in accordance with the JAMS Inc. Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures then in effect. There shall be no right or authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class action basis. The arbitration shall take place in Irvine, State of California or at the option of the party seeking relief, online, by telephone, online, or via written submissions alone, and be administered by JAMS. The decision of the arbitrator will be final and binding on the parties. Judgment on any award(s) rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Nothing in this section shall prevent either party from seeking immediate injunctive relief from any court of competent jurisdiction, and any such request shall not be deemed incompatible with the agreement to arbitrate or a waiver of the right to arbitrate. The parties undertake to keep confidential all awards in their arbitration, together with all confidential information, all materials in the proceedings created for the purpose of the arbitration and all other documents produced by the other party in the proceedings and not otherwise in the public domain, save and to the extent that disclosure may be required of a party by legal duty, to protect or pursue a legal right or to enforce or challenge an award in legal proceedings before a court or other judicial authority. You also agree that in the event of any action to enforce or interpret these T&C, the prevailing party shall be entitled to collect its reasonable attorney fees.
Services Controlled from the United States
The Services are controlled and operated by 9/11 Day from our offices within the United States of America. We make no representation that the Materials or Services are appropriate, lawful, or available for use in other locations. Those who access the Services from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Entire Agreement; Severability
9/11 Day and you are independent entities, and nothing in these Terms, or via use of the Services, will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between 9/11 Day and you. Any rights and licenses granted under these Terms may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by 9/11 Day without restriction. The failure of 9/11 Day to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
If you have questions about our Services, these Terms, or technical questions about the operation of the Services, please contact us by mail at: MyGoodDeed, d.b.a. 9/11 Day, 5151 California Avenue, Suite 150, Irvine, CA 92617; by phone at 949.344.8011; or by email to email@example.com.
These Terms were last updated on September 9, 2020.
Our mission is to transform September 11 from a day of tragedy into a day of service, unity, and peace. To that end, we endeavor to teach the public about 9/11 through various methods including volunteer opportunities and by providing educational resources. We gather and maintain personal information to provide our Services and help those we engage with in connecting with nonprofit organizations, causes and volunteer opportunities, as well as other helpful resources that may be of interest. You understand that such information is only shared with the organizations and causes that partner with 9/11 Day.
- How We Collect Information
We may collect information about you by various means, including:
- From you, through our Services both online (e.g., website) and offline (e.g., at events and volunteer opportunities);
- From organizations that we partner with, such as those providing volunteer and education opportunities;
- By combining information from different sources, including online and offline data; and
- From other sources and social media platforms that you may use to engage with us.
- Types of Information that We Collect
We may collect the following categories of information:
- Profile and subscription information, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and usage and subscription preferences (and user credentials if we provide any access-restricted Services);
- Volunteer Information that you may provide about yourself, such as your availability and interests, to help us connect you with a volunteer opportunity;
- Transactional information if you have made donations to us (actual payment credentials such as credit card number are directed straight to our payment processor);
- Survey information in response to questions we may send you through the Services, including for research purposes or to improve our Services;
- Promotion information you provide when entering into a drawing or sweepstakes we may offer.
- User Content that you may provide to publicly post via the Services if we permit (e.g., presentation materials and recordings from our events, articles and publications, social media content, discussion forums, testimonials, and other materials) along with any pictures and information that you provide about yourself and the content—this may also include metadata associated with your content (such as location and date / time information embedded in pictures);
- Communications between you and us, such as via e-mail, mail, phone or other channels;
- Offline activity you engage in with us, such as when attending events; and
- Online User Activity described in the next section.
- Online User Activity, Cookies and Information Collected by Other Automated Means
Cookies are a commonly used web technology that allow websites to store and retrieve certain information on a user’s system, and track users’ online activities. We, our service providers, and our business partners, may collect information about your use of our websites and mobile apps by such automated means, including but not limited to cookies, pixels, SDKs and other similar technologies. Cookies and similar technologies can help us automatically identify you when you return to our website or app. Cookies help us review website traffic patterns and improve the website, and determine what Services are popular. We can also use such information to deliver customized content and advertising to users of the Services whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
When you use any website or app we provide, the information that we may collect by automated means includes, for example:
- Usage Details about your interaction with our Services (such as the date, time, and length of visits, and specific pages or content accessed during the visits, search terms, frequency of the visits, referring website addresses);
- Device Information including the IP address and other details of a device that you use to connect with our Services (such as device type and unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number)
- Location information where you choose to provide us with information about your device’s location.
- How We Use the Information that We Collect
We may use the information that we obtain about you for purposes allowed by applicable laws, including:
- Provide our Services to you, including to manage your interactions with us, help provide you with volunteer opportunities, facilitate donations and other transactions with us, and respond to your inquiries and other communications;
- Tailor the content that we display to you in our Services and communications, including advertising, and offer services and information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our Services, including to diagnose or fix issues;
- Analyze and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read);
- Comply with and enforce as needed applicable legal requirements, industry standards, our policies, and our contractual rights; and
- Monitor the performance of our Services including metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
We may also use or share information in an anonymized or aggregate manner for many purposes such as research, analysis, modeling, marketing, and advertising, as well as improvement of our Services.
- Online Advertising
You may see us promoted by other organizations, on various websites, web pages, social media and other platforms. Please note that we do not always have complete information about where our organization may be displayed or promoted, and if you believe that 9/11 Day is featured in venues that are inappropriate or offensive, please contact us.
We may serve advertisements, and allow third parties to serve advertisements, through our Services. Advertisements served through our Services may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category, which may be inferred from information you provide to us or, based on your website or mobile app usage patterns, or based on your activity on other websites or online services as may be available to the ad networks.
- How We Share Your Information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances.
- We may share, in our reasonable discretion, basic contact information with organizations we partner with for various purposes; for example, with event organizers, 9/11 Day partners and sponsors;
- If you voluntarily share or submit any User Content including contact information (e.g., name) or content (e.g., picture), or commentary (e.g., materials and recordings from our events, articles and publications, discussion forums, social media content, and other materials) for public posting through our Services, or link it to any social media platforms, that post (and any content or information associated with it) may become available to the public. See our Terms for more information about User Content.
- We may share your information as permitted by law, including, for example, with our service providers that we believe need the information to perform a technology, organizational, or other professional function for us (examples include IT services, maintenance and hosting of our Services, payment processors, marketing partners, and other service providers). We only provide such vendors with information so they can perform their required functions on our behalf.
- We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss; (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; or (iv) under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our staff, users, or the public.
- We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of third parties about a particular offering or opportunity that may be of interest to you. In such cases, your contact information is not transferred to the third party, but rather we send you a communication on their behalf.
Where appropriate, we will limit sharing of your information in accordance with the choices you have provided us and applicable law.
- Your Privacy Choices
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
- Informational Emails: From time to time, we may contact you via email or through other channels for the purpose of providing announcements, volunteer opportunities or other general communications. In order to improve our Services, we may be notified when you open an email from us or click on a link therein. You may choose not to receive certain informational emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails you receive from us. Even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we may continue sending you non-informational email communications, such as administrative or transaction alerts, or information about changes to our terms of service.
- Cookies: Web browsers may offer users the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites and mobile apps may not function correctly.
- Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
Our Services may contain links to other websites or apps. This can include social media integrations and our various third party partners. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites or apps, and we encourage you to be aware when you leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of any other website or app that collects personal information.
- How We Protect Information
We endeavor to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we maintain against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, or guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We will make any legally required disclosures in the event of any compromise of personal information. To the extent the law allows us to provide such notification via e-mail or conspicuous posting on the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form.
The Services are intended for use only by persons over the age of 13. We do not seek to collect information about children under the age of 13 and aim to delete such information if discovered.
- International Data Transfers and Use
Our Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than those of the United States.
- Contacting Us